Building Healthy Communities through volunteerism – One volunteer at a time.
Volunteers are an essential part of our community, contributing to the well-being of our clients, residents and their family and friends. Volunteers further the staffs' desire for compassionate and personalized care and develop a good association with the community.
- Learn new skills and gain valuable experience
- Share your skills and experiences
- Meet new people and have fun
- Interact with patients, and families
- Enhance services
- Help patients and residents in activities and events
- Make a personal difference
Application Form – ADULT
Application Form – YOUTH
The Volunteer Services Department of the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region is in need of caring, compassionate and committed volunteers to fulfill the following service positions:
Meals on Wheels - Home Care Prince Albert, Birch Hills, Kinistino, St. Louis
Adult volunteers are needed to assist with delivering meals to Home Care clients. Shifts: 11:15 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Ronald McDonald Family Room Volunteer – Victoria Hospital Pediatric Ward
Volunteers assist in the day-to-day operation of the Family Room by providing comfort and support to the families and children who visit the room. Duties include registering families visiting the Family Room, answering family inquires; maintain snack and beverage inventory, baking cookies, muffins and making coffee. All volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Shifts: (3 hour in length shifts) Flexible Monday –Sunday. (9 a.m. – 9 p.m.) Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of two shifts per month.
LiveWell with Chronic Conditions Volunteer Peer Leader
Volunteers help to provide leadership for the “LiveWell with Chronic Conditions” Program, which helps people to better understand chronic health conditions and the steps they can take to self-manage their own condition.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Someone who is living with a chronic health condition or providing support to another individual with a chronic health condition
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise and objective manner
- Interest in working with small groups and some ability/skill in group process
- A supportive attitude towards the self-management of chronic health conditions
Shift: 3 hours maximum per week
Patient Navigators – Day Surgery – Victoria Hospital
Patient Navigators improve the experience for surgical patients by ensuring they are in the right place at the right time. Shifts: 6:30 – 9:30 a.m.; 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Complete List of Volunteer Services Opportunities