If you are under 18 years of age and interested in volunteering with the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region, you will need parental consent. You can apply using this online form, or submit a printed form to:
Director of Volunteer Services
Prince Albert Parkland Health Region
Prince Albert, Sask. S6V 5T4
Youth Application Form - PDF
Youth Application Form - DOC
PRINCE ALBERT PARKLAND HEALTH REGION VOLUNTEER SERVICES DEPARTMENT
YOUTH-IN-ACTION VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Youth Cover Letter 2016.pdf
The Youth-In-Action Volunteer Program runs from September until May (Statutory holidays, Christmas holidays, February break and Easter break are excluded).Youth Volunteers give of their time, energy and talents without pay. In return, Youth Volunteers receive guidance and training that offers experience in a professional environment, life skills and friendship to patients and residents in the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region. Youth Volunteers are also eligible to apply for scholarships and bursaries upon graduation.
Youth-In-Action volunteer program
- We are looking for compassionate, kind and enthusiastic youth; Must be in grades 8 to 12.
- Commitment requires one day per week – Monday to Friday – 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. (2 hours).
- Youth Volunteer program will commence September 2016.
- A sincere interest in caring and being of service to others.
- Students must obtain one written reference (see attached form) from a teacher, employer or adult who is not related to the volunteer.
- Babysitting Certificate is accepted as a reference.
- Applications may be obtained at your school, at the Victoria Hospital Volunteer Services Department or on line at www.paphr.ca and are to be returned to Victoria Hospital switchboard or Volunteer Office by September 9th, 2016 or faxed to 306-765-6791.
- Interviews will be conducted with all new applicants in the week of September 6th, 2016.
- Youth Volunteers who have previously been registered in the program are automatically accepted unless otherwise notified. Returning volunteers are asked to complete an update form to keep information current and attend a refresher orientation on September 20th, 2016.
- An orientation session for new volunteers will be held Sept. 21st and 22nd. All new volunteers MUST attend.
If you have any questions, please call the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region Volunteer Services Department at the numbers below.
Sharan Kaur and Corinne Loch Sonya Jahn
Volunteer Services Coordinators Regional Director of Volunteer Services
Thank you for your interest in Volunteering