The City of Prince Albert is the largest community in the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region, with a population exceeding 40,000.
Prince Albert is home to the Regional Health Centre, which includes Victoria Hospital, Herb Bassett Home, Pineview Terrace, Victoria Square, Brief and Social Detox Centre, Mental Health Inpatient (adult), Child and Youth Mental Health Inpatient, and Family Treatment Centre.
Victoria Square is home to the Community Mental Health program, Dermatology and Cognitive Disabilities program. Space is also leased to several physicians in both family practice and specialists who have offices in the building.
Also located in Prince Albert is Mont St. Joseph (an affiliate agency).
The main addiction services office for the Region is located at 101 15th Ave. East, while Home Care’s Regional Office is located at Unit D – 4050 – 2nd Avenue West. McIntosh Mall is the regional Public Health Nursing office on the 2nd Floor – 800 Central Avenue.
The building at 1521 6th Ave. West is home to several programs, including Public Health Inspection, Diabetes Education, Acquired Brain Injury (all three programs), Nutrition and Health Promotion. The Corporate Office, including most of senior management, along with the Finance, Human Resources and Information Technology departments are also located in that building.
Parkland Ambulance Care Ltd., a contracted agency, has two ambulance basis in the City of Prince Albert, from which they serve the city and a significant portion of the eastern half of the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region.
Services based in Prince Albert include:
- Victoria Hospital
- 134 bed acute care centre, including medical, surgical, pediatric, intensive care and obstetrics inpatient units
- 24-hour emergency department
- Renal Dialysis
- Chemotherapy (Community Oncology Program of Saskatchewan)
- Ambulatory Care
- Operating Rooms
- Diagnostic Imaging (including X-ray, ultrasound and Computerized Tomography)
- 24-hour on-call coverage for general surgery, orthopedics, pediatrics, internal medicine, radiology, anaesthesiology, obstetrics/gynecology, psychiatry.
- Mental Health Services
- Community Mental Health (outpatients)
- Adult inpatient unit
- Child and youth inpatient unit
- Addiction Services
- Brief and Social Detox
- Family Treatment Centre
- Public Health Services
- Travel Health
- Public Health Inspection
- Food safety course
- Restaurant Inspection
- Water testing
- Acquired Brain Injury program
- Home Care
- Sexual Health Clinic (Access Place)
- Testing for sexually transmitted diseases
- Harm Reduction program
- Hep C and HIV program
- Nurse Practitioner
- Chronic Disease Management
- Diabetes Education Centre
- fitLife (cardiac and pulmonary rehab program)
- Special Care Homes (long-term care)
- Dietician Services