This section includes featured services that are designed to meet the needs of seniors.
Visit the Services directory and search for services by health topic to see the full list of services available.
- Home Care: Home care provides health care and support services for people living within the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region. Maximizing client wellness and their ability to care for themselves is our focus. Our services supplement, but do not replace clients' efforts to care for themselves with the assistance of their family, friends and the community
- Long-term Care: A special care home offers a range of personal and health services to people who are elderly, disabled or chronically ill and who need 24-hour care. Also provided are a number of health care supports like day programs, respite and rehabilitation services to people who still live in their own homes. Care and services are provided based on individual resident need using an interdisciplinary team approach.
- Personal Care Homes: Are privately-operated facilities that offer a range of services for individuals who are not able to live independently. Information about Personal Care Homes in Prince Albert Parkland Health Region is available from Home Care.
- Physicians and clinics: See a list of clinics and physicians taking new patients.
- Fall Prevention: Tips and information on reducing the risk of falls and injuries resulting from falls.
- Seniors Drug Plan: Government of Saskatchewan program
- Find out if you are eligible for extended health benefits through the Special Support Program and how to apply.
- Palliative Care Drug Program: This program provides health benefits for patients in the late stages of terminal illnesses.
The Government of Saskatchewan has additional information for seniors.