Public Health provides the following services to residents of Saskatchewan.
- Prenatal (Pregnancy Education)
- Postnatal (after baby is born)
- Offer follow up and support to families with a newborn infant.
- Support and assist women to meet their breastfeeding goals.
- Promote immunizations for infants according to the Ministry of Health Immunization schedule
- Preschool Children/Families
- School Services
- Immunization as recommended by the Ministry of Health
- Health education various topics
- Screening and/or referrals for communicable diseases and other health concerns
- Work with staff to build healthy schools
- Support healthy nutrition in schools.
- Dental Sealants offered in Grade 1 and 7 to schools identified through provincial dental screening.
- Adult Immunization
- Recommended adult immunizations for school/occupational or general health
- Influenza immunization clinics
- Travel Health
- Education, documentation and immunization for all ages
- By appointment only
- Communicable Disease Control
- Notifying clients of reportable diseases
- Educating clients about infectious diseases
- Referring clients tphysicians
- Investigating animal bites
- Health Promotion
- Presentations and support on health related topics offered throughout the region by Dental Health Educators, Public Health Nutritionist and School Health Nutritionist, Parent and Family Support Program, and Public Health Nursing for groups, individuals, schools or work sites.
Nurses provide services throughout the area from Prince Albert, Big River, Spiritwood and Shellbrook.
|Public Health Prince Albert
||2nd Floor LF McIntosh Building, 800 Central Avenue
Prince Albert, SK S6V 6G1
|Big River Public Health
||Big River Health Centre
220 1st Avenue North
Big River, SK S0J 0E0
|Shellbrook Public Health
||Parkland Integrated Health Facility
#100 Dr JL Spencer Driver, 2nd Avenue West
Shellbrook, SK S0J 2E0
|Spiritwood Public Health
||Spiritwood & District Health Complex
400 1st Street East
Spiritwood, SK S0J 2M0