There are several different courses and classes offered through public health nursing and public health inspection.
Information about the different classes is below. Specific dates and how to register for some courses and classes can be found on the Events Calendar.
Courses and Classes
- Our express prenatal class runs from 9:00 am-3:30 pm and offers information on:
- Labour and Delivery, Coping with Labour, Unexpected Events, Medical Interventions,
- Cesarean Section, Postpartum Care and Becoming A New Parent, Your New Baby – characteristics and needs, and Keys To Successful Breastfeeding.
- The book Baby’s Best Chance is available at our office for $10.00. It covers a wide range of information on pregnancy, labour and delivery, and your new baby.
- More information under Public Health.
Food Safety Course
- Public Health Inspection will be presenting the Food Safe Level I Course for food handlers.
- Every Food Eating Establishment must have a minimum of one certified food handler working at all times, as required under Section 10 of the Saskatchewan Public Eating Establishment Regulations.
- All uncertified food handlers are encouraged to attend. Space is limited — to register call 306-765-6600, or stop by our office at 1521-6th Avenue West.
- We now offer an “On-Line Food Safe Course” for Prince Albert and area residents to work on at your own pace. The cost is $100.00. Please call our office (306-765-6600) for more information.
- The course schedule can be found HERE.
Swimming pool operators course
- Section 14 of The Swimming Pool Regulations, 1999 requires that an employee who has successfully completed a Pool Operator’s Training Course be employed at all licensed facilities.
- In order to ensure that your facility meets this requirement, Public Health Inspection of the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region is offering a Swimming Pool Operators’ Course.
- Please call our office (306-765-6600) for more information.
- The course schedule can be found HERE