Plumbing and Sewage System Permits & Inspections
Public Health Inspectors provide a variety of services related to plumbing and onsite wastewater treatment and disposal systems (also known as onsite sewage systems), this includes:
- Contractor and Homeowner education;
- Site inspections and approvals;
- Plan input and review;
- Issuing permits for plumbing and onsite sewage systems (many municipalities issue their own permits.
- Complaint investigations regarding onsite sewage systems; and
- Community onsite sewage system surveys
The Saskatchewan Health Authority - Prince Albert and area has adopted guidelines to address low, medium and high density and sensitivity areas. The intent is to minimize the impact of sewage effluent on water supplies, communities and neighbours. The Review Process for Onsite Wastewater Treatment and Disposal Systems for Developments and Subdivisions - June/08 Edition involves impact assessments at the planning stage to site investigations at the development stage
Before constructing any system please consult your local public health inspector.
To arrange an inspection, please contact the public health inspector 48 hours in advance to make an appointment by calling 306-765-6600.
Resources are available online from the provincial government here.