NOTE: Travel health clinic are currnetly not available in Prince Albert.
Public Health Services provides education, documentation and immunization for all ages who are traveling – both in Canada and outside of the country. This includes information about specific travel destinations and recommendations for vaccines to protect individuals when traveling.
UPDATE DECEMBER 2019: Yellow Fever Vaccine Shortage
HEPATITIS A, HEPATITIS B & TWINRIX VACCINE SHORTAGES
- Canada is currently experiencing a shortage of vaccine for Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Twinrix which may extend until early 2019. This shortage of vaccine may affect your travel plans.
- Until this shortage is resolved by the manufacturer, the Travel Health Programs across Saskatchewan will be carefully managing and monitoring our current supply and implementing guidelines on use of existing vaccine supply.
- Residents of Saskatchewan born since January 1, 1984 and attended elementary school in the province would have received Hepatitis B vaccine in grade 6.
- You can access vaccine information for your travel destination from the Public Health Agency of Canada website: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/tmp-pmv/countries-pays/index-eng.php
- We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Public Health Travel Clinic
2nd Floor LF McIntosh Building, 800 Central Avenue
Box 3003 Prince Albert, SK S6V 6G1
The Travel Health Clinic helps travelers protect their health during short or long term travel.
Travel Health Nurses will offer:
- Travel information on health risks and malaria prevention (including prescriptions) associated with your specific destination.
- Immunization with routine/recommended/required vaccines.
- Health documentation/certification required for international travel.
- Up-to-date printed information about health risks associated with your specific travel plans and your health status.
- Pre-travel advice and travel immunization services are not insured by the Ministry of Health.
- Travelers are responsible for the cost of each vaccine they receive (SEE LIST).
- Minimum fee of $50/person unless vaccine is purchased or Tuberculin Test / Malaria prescription fee applies.
- Book early! Make your first appointment as soon as you have booked your trip or at least two months, if possible, before you depart. You may require several appointments before you leave.
- To make an appointment call: 306-765-6506
- Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 – 5 p.m.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule.
- If you do not attend or cancel your booked appointment, your credit card will be charged the minimum fee of $50/person.
- Bring to your appointments:
- your list of medications and allergies
- your Saskatchewan Health Services Number
- any immunization records that you may have
- your completed “Travel Health Information” form (Travel Health Information sheet.pdf)
Cash, Cheque, Debit Card, Visa or Master Card accepted. Please make cheques payable to Prince Albert Parkland Health Region.
Information about specific illnesses:
Other information for travelers: